View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2018, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Blarge Last Night

Worked with a notorious ball watcher. As an example, he called a foul on the opposite wing beyond the 3 point line as the lead.

Here's the situation. I was the T, not involved in the play at all (other than being the R and having to explain to table and coaches what we had to do). Drive comes out of C's primary, contact in C's primary. As C, you probably wouldn't expect to have a double whistle on this. So he whistles, goes immediately to blocking signal. At the exact same time, L (across the lane) comes out with PC signal. C heads to table to report, still not realizing what happened. L also is so out of sync that he doesn't realize the other guy had a block.

I was the R, and we pregamed always have eye contact on double whistles and have a secondary whistle on things outside of your primary. That obviously didn't happen. This was 2 min. into the game, so neither coach was impressed when I told them we have to go double foul and POI. The rest of the game was not smooth. This is the second time I've worked with this guy this season, and the second time he's done this with bad PC calls. His reasoning both times has been "if the defender is even close to getting there in time, I'm rewarding them for taking a hit."