View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 03:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
To face the end of the gym and crowd, and not even act like you are looking at the other players, or looking at a coach, or looking at something on the court related to the game is absurd. What a d-bag move. I don't care how good he thinks he is or how good his reputation is. That was an a-hole move. The player was trying to talk to him respectfully and he pulled that move. Talk about making the game and moment about you while looking to be noticed. If one of my partners did that, I would call them out on it.
And I am sure he does not give a crap what we think here about his actions. I know I wouldn't. You nor I were there. We do not know what was said, we do not know what else happened to even have any confrontation. And if that offends some, that is their issue. I walk away from players all the time, is that unprofessional? I a might not have turned my back, but they see my back. And guess what, there are people that get offended when I do that as if I have some obligation to talk to players about their concerns. Well I am a grown man and that means that kids (which are what most of us are officiating, even at the college level) are not on the same level as me as a man. So you cannot come to me and talk about respect when you do not show it in any way. Teddy was not the guy on the play, go to the other guy that was. And he put up both hands to indicate "I am not talking to you" and he continued until Teddy turned his back to him. And I am still waiting for the reasoning of who the kid is as if it matters. This would not even be an issue if Jay Bilas did not tweet about this.

Peace