View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 01:36pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The problem, as I see it, is that the OP doesn't care about moving the discussion forward. The forum, which we've used to learn and improve our own officiating, is here for his entertainment and soapbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Except when I made legitimate suggestions as to how the catch rule could be modified, seeking feedback from an officiating perspective, I was basically dismissed by a number of posters. Other posters were willing to reasonably discuss what I had to say and the rule in general, adding insight that I didn't have when I originally posted.

Nothing I've posted on here justifies dismissing me as some fanboy coming here to tell you what the catch rule should be. I didn't do that, and dismissing me as such is what doesn't move the discussion forward. I actually came in asking if there was a way to make certain plays a catch without breaking the whole rule.

I can see how I might come across as Rich says at times, but that doesn't mean I should be immediately dismissed when there's a legitimate discussion going on.