View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 30, 2017, 10:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin green View Post
I actually do think officials worry about it. I’ve heard the discussions. Did not say it was right. I agree that support could be a factor as well.. if the association doesn’t back you, you’re reluctant... I wish the State Associations would adopt accumulated rules and fines to curb bad behavior..it’s many of these coaches that are driving officiating numbers down
Let me make my position clear. I am sure there are officials that do worry about all kinds of things like how many shots they get and they get the ball. I just do not think that this is a majority or a constant issue with officials. I only say that because usually officials I know never talk about that aspect of penalty. They do talk about the paperwork potential or make it seem like they do not want to be a "bad guy" or affect their ratings. They are reluctant, but not for that reason that I can tell in overwhelming numbers. Heck, I even started officiating in another state as well and the officials have to give a file a report for every single T given. I have not heard anyone suggest they were unwilling to do that part yet.

Peace