Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2017, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu View Post
My therapist's suggestions today were along the line of the differences between getting me able to perform normal day-to-day stuff like getting around my house, getting myself dressed, bathed, in and out of bed, doing the food shopping, etc., to the next level of getting out on the field doing "umpiring stuff".

I will admit that at this point, only 1 month removed from the surgery, that I'd be concerned about sufficiently and acceptably able to perform on the field coming out from behind the catcher, being in a proper set position, and on the bases to be able to pivot and chase down plays. That may be the next step where the outpatient activities would be necessary. So I'll have about a month to assess progress and then bring up the suggestion with the surgeon at my next meeting.
Make sure you don't lose any insurance coverage if there is a break in treatment/rehab.