Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2017, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu View Post
My Physical Therapist who comes to my house is of a similar opinion. She will be here tomorrow and I will discuss that further with her.

I have 2 ump buddies that have had the same procedure recently. One friend is 75 years old, bless him. He had an issue during his procedure where the insert cracked the bone into which it was being positioned. So he ended up being in the hospital for 3 weeks and then spent another 3 weeks in a rehab facility. He says he was able to drive following being discharged from the rehab.

My other buddy is 54 and has done extremely well. He was using a cane to get around mere days after his procedure. He's returned to work as a HS administrator and doesn't use his cane (which I admonished him about). He claims to have had excellent pain reduction. This guy had his procedure done 1 week before mine using the same surgeon. He was not advised to do any outpatient PT either.

Since I also have a 1 month follow-up with the surgeon, I will bring this up at that time again. I'll see how the next few weeks go and take under advisement any suggestions that my in-house therapist recommends.
Glad to see you are progressing well.

Everyone is different and maybe you really don't need the additional therapy. The therapy for my knees were not the same since there were different conditions But for the same reason, don't let anyone talk you out of it if you and your present therapists believe it is necessary. Your surgeon should have a final report from your therapist before making a recommendation