View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 25, 2017, 11:30am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are having this conversation in a place where no one here is going to make any such change. I do not think you understand the rule because you keep talking about the rule and the application as if they are the same thing. As stated by Polian, they officiate these plays in HDTV. They do not rule these plays in live time or without looking at these plays in slow motion. Yes the officials on the field will do what they see to the best of their ability, but they do not make the final decision if instant replay comes into play. So again, this conversation is really silly in the end. I do not think it matters what your specific solution as most people here seems to disagree with you big time.

Peace
What Pereira said takes what I was getting at and states it more clearly. The situation can be helped by limiting what replay is allowed to review. In the case of the James play, once replay sees he had control of the ball with a knee down at the the time the ball broke the plane, play over. What happens after doesn't matter.