View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 24, 2017, 10:48pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If you say so.

Peace
I've made suggestions or offered up solutions that others have stated. I clearly understand how the rule is written. I just think it could be better. I've shown pretty clearly that it's not as simple as Polian says. I wouldn't say that anything I've offered up necessarily makes it more simple, but I think what I've offered up makes more sense without overcomplicating matters.

And if makes you feel any better, Mike Periera is saying the same thing I am:

Quote:
Now that another touchdown has been taken away with out clear and obvious evidence, it is time to move on to the catch rule. It doesn't work. I doesn't make sense. Start with the Jessie James play. That should be a catch and a touchdown not an incomplete pass. (more)
Make it like a catch on an upright receiver. If you get control and two feet or another today body part on the ground and then reach or lunch, you have made a football move, they it should be a catch. Replay can only review the control and two feet. Not the FB move. Credit PFT.
Quote:
By the way, my reference to PFT was Mike Florio's suggestion that the subjective element of time or football move not be reviewable. I agree.

Last edited by FormerUmp; Sun Dec 24, 2017 at 10:51pm.