View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 02, 2003, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scottk_61
While I know we are morphing this thread into something other than the original, I hold at my point.
In ASA, a batter may not start out standing on the lines, he must be completely inside to start legally. Now realistically, it is rarely ever called except when there has been a problem with players running out of the box to hit the ball...which is a somewhat common tactic in the sport. Tell your friends to bone up on the rules and to read a case book.
The only penalty is to direct them into the box and not allow a pitch unitl they do enter the box legally. If you had an arguement you could eventually toss that player but I really don't think I hvae ever heard of that happening in 20 + years.
I agree with Scott. I don't want to intrude on a baseball thread , but the batter in ASA must be completely WITHIN THE LINES and NOT ON THE LINES of the batter's box prior to the start of the pitch. The penalty I don't believe is as severe as ejection, just a strike called on the batter. I've rarely seen it called, though.

Thanks.