View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 23, 2017, 05:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
As for the the video, I can't help wondering what the C was doing or observing that she didn't react until the jostling turned into pushing and shoving. I agree with baller99 that the L may have been able to come in and address this when the C missed it. While I'm unfamiliar with NCAA mechanics, he only had two players in his area, leading me to think he could have extended his coverage and seen what was going on and done something, even if was to make sure the two players in his area didn't participate in the fight.
I was actually kind of shocked after looking at the video as to how disengaged the officials were. It was like they were not even looking. All that had to be done was a "whistle" a couple of times and then you would have stopped everything, then go to the players and tell them "Stop pushing" or "You know this could be really bad for you if this continues?" I bet then they stop pushing or if they continue, they were warned. And then you likely have nothing else goes on at least during this sequence. Stuff like this happens often during the season and it usually stops if you just stop everything and talk to the players. Even if it is just two players during a throw-in when they start putting their hands on each other.

I wonder in situations like this do the officials have that kind of game experience to know when to stop something so simple. Just because it is college ball, does not mean you know how to deal with situations.

Peace