View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 20, 2017, 01:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerUmp View Post
So, just to clarify. You think the rule should remain the way it is?

Regardless, if you were to try to "fix" it, how would you go about doing so?
Yes, because I remember the change. I remember the controversy. I remember the reason why there was a rule in place. And until you give a better solution, then there is no reason for a change.

And just for the record, nobody was complaining at the time that it should have been called incomplete either. For the most part people now are in agreement that the correct call was made given the way the rule is written, but most people also seem to think it's a bad rule. Obviously this isn't based on any kind of scientific poll, but the majority of comments I've seen have been from people who think this play should be a touchdown and that the rule needs to be fixed so it is one.[/QUOTE]

Nobody? We are in this discussion because this was a national discussion about what should be done for this rule. I highly doubt you even post here about this if there was no discussion of this rule all over the media. Because the media loves to rant about things as if they are tragedies and often do not want to address issues that are right in front of their face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerUmp View Post
One other call that comes to mind from earlier this season. This play was originally called a catch and then down by contact. Inexplicably the call was changed to an interception after review, presumably due to the misuse of the same rule we're discussing right now.

He was not going to the ground. He was not only making a football move and turned up but was hit by another player. And the media complained about this play as well. So who cares what people say? You will not satisfy anyone if they want to act ignorant.

Peace