View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 02:45pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Since this dead horse keeps getting thumped I will contribute one last time. There was a "screen" in the play. The player just did not STOP for no apparent reason, like Deecee says. So whether or not the players are traveling in the same direction AND path are relevant. A player screening a moving opponent must allow time and distance. If the players are traveling in the same direction on the same path then the trailing player is responsible for the contact, time and distance are not a factor. If an official calls a foul on this screen and the coach asks for a justification, I think it is reasonable to tell the coach that the screener needs to give her time and distance. If you think that they were on the same path, headed in the same direction then it is a no call.
That would apply if the screener had moved into the path of the defender. The screener did not move into the path of the defender. The screener simply stopped. So I'm guessing if the Tenn #21 had the ball on this play, you would have called a PC foul when she stopped and the defender crashed into her.