Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2017, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Just a note: Even when told you no longer need the walker or cane, be wary of where you will be when leaving to house or even at home. Even though some may see a cane or walker, many do not pay attention and disturb your space or intended path. Pets and children are often oblivious to a walking aid and/or do not understand why you may be using it.

In public, I carried my cane long past the time I was ready to put it away. More than a few time it came in handy blocking a playful child from running into me. Sad part is when I blocked the child, only once did the parent respond with a mild admonishment to the child to be careful of others. On the other half-dozen or so instances, I got a nasty glare from the parent for having the audacity to protect myself from their uncontrolled child.

Even though you may be walking with confidence, it only takes one relatively simple slip/nudge to put you back in the hospital.

Be careful and follow all the rehab directions.
Thanx, all good advice. Given the time of year, I likely won't be venturing out from the homestead too often excepting appointments and such.

All this puts a lot of extra work on my better half and I need to remember to tell her how much I appreciate it.