View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2017, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Trust Issue?

You need to trust your partners that they are doing the right thing. If they are throwing you under the bus you need to address it with the assignor. As an assignor, crew integrity is a huge thing for me and I would address it with the official and it would/could cost them assignments.

I'm not saying this is the case, but to me if it is happening a bunch on your T's and you are always watching the other officials engage than you may be second guessing yourself?!?!?!? I only say this because I am usually thankful when a partner of mine will go help manage the game by getting the coaches focus back on the game.

Here is a real life example in a collegiate game: My partner called a T on a coach and the coach was livid but not deserving of being tossed. The gym was crazy loud (coach was of the visiting team) and the fans were giving it to him. I went over just to tell him we needed to move on and I kept him engaged with me and said "coach, get it out now because when these free throws are done, you need to get back to coaching or you'll have to leave." Coach said his peace, wasn't profane towards us and coached the remainder of the contest. Maybe it was luck, but I honestly don't think we could have handled it better as a crew for that situation.