View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 04, 2017, 11:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Illegal Advantage ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Well, calling a DOG in that case clearly gives an advantage to a team not intended by rule.
I am not saying that the offending team is not gaining an illegal advantage, it certainly is, the illegal advantage of delaying the throwin, possibly to get a few extra seconds to set up a full court press.

The DOG warning doesn't give an advantage, the illegal interference with the ball after a goal is what gives one team an advantage not intended by rule.

Whether the ball is tapped a few inches, or slapped a few feet, or tossed into the corner, or thrown into the bleachers, it's delaying the throwin by the opposing team and the rulebook directs us on how to handle the situation. In all cases the clock is stopped and the offending team is given a warning, or if it was already warned, is given technical foul.

The illegal advantage is that the team delayed the throwin, and the rulebook directs us on how to handle that illegal advantage. Sound the whistle and do what the rulebook and casebook tell us to do.

If there's no illegal advantage, like the ball bouncing of a player's shoulder after passing through the net, then we don't sound the whistle.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 04, 2017 at 11:20pm.