View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 26, 2017, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

I didn’t watch it, but kind of comical to read about. From a rules standpoint, there is one part of the article I zeroed in on:

“Soon after Alabama had taken four consecutive free throws due to the string of Minnesota techs, Dupree McBrayer and Dazon Ingram got tangled up underneath, prompting a shoving match between both teams. Players on Alabama's bench ran onto the floor as officials tried to deal with the chaos.

“Once the smoke cleared, officials decided to remove the entire Alabama bench, and those players proceeded to walk to the locker room at Barclays Center. But officials weren't clear on whether any technical fouls had been assessed, and the Gophers did not take any free throws.”

Assuming McBrayer, Ingram, and any other pushers and shovers incurred no penalties at this point, what’s left are solely Alabama players who left the bench when a fight might have broken out. Under NFHS rules (10 Pen 8-b-1), this would have resulted in two FTs and the ball to Minnesota (not to mention one indirect T to the HC). Is the NCAAM rule not similar? Why no TF FTs for Minnesota?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk