View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 23, 2017, 11:21am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Sometime calls you make early in the game may not be "right" calls. So for the sake of consistency I prefer not to just make a call because it was made earlier in the game. Your "possibilities" are not logical. You are implying that at any point of the game a call must be made if a similar call was made earlier. You are assuming earlier calls were correct and that during the course of the game the officials and players stay stagnant and do not evolve.

Your second point is also assuming that since we may try and be more diligent on making a call that "counts" to foul a player off we do not apply the same scrutiny or expectations on other players also doesn't make sense. It's like saying "#5 has 4 so let's make it count, but for the other 9 players just call em as you feel it."
I am implying and assuming nothing. I am saying that you do your best to know what a foul is and call it the same from start to finish for everybody on the court. This whole thread was about straying from that concept to "keep them in the game." I am opposed to doing anything specifically designed to "keep them in the game," no matter the circumstances.

Lonesome Dove