View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 14, 2017, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Mail-order mambo

Guys, have to ask: Aren't those running shoes a bit narrow and how can they be good against rolling ankles? Obviously, if so many of you are wearing them, they must be OK, but having used long-distance running shoes in younger days, I know they're a different construct and I'd be scared stiff that my oft-rolled ankles would go quickly the first time there's a couple of steals and I had to change directions quickly without thinking.

Second: I have an in between size -- 13 in some shoes, 14 in others, merely because of the cut/style. The first Zig offered a 13.5, which was great, but Reebok doesn't offer it in the newer iteration, I found out the hard way.

So how do you figure out what works with these mail-order joints? Could get expensive (and time-consuming) ordering shoes, sending them back, ordering a new size/style, etc. to get the right fit. It's not as if most of these all-black shoes are available at the corner store to walk in and try on.

I guess maybe I just have to bite the bullet and order a pair, see if they work and then figure it might cost me some return shipping a few times to get the right shoe/fit. Or am I seeing this wrong? Need to get some shoes soon and stop procrastinating!