View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2017, 05:17pm
Administrator

Unlisted change to NFHS R9-S1-A3c.

For those have been wondering why I have been mostly quiet for almost a year, there have been some changes in my life that have just made me take a more of the attitude of a quiet bystander.

None-the-less, while reading the NFHS and NCAA Men's and Women's Rules Books last night I came across a change in NFHS R9-S1-A3c which was not made in NCAA Men's and Women's R9-S1-A1f.

Last year:

NFHS R9-S1-A3c: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free thrower no opponent shall disconcert the free thrower."

NCAA Men's R9-S1-A1f: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free-thrower, it is a violation when an opponent disconcerts (e.g. taunt, bait, gesture or delay) the free-thrower."

NCAA Women's R9-S1-A1f: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free-thrower, it is a violation when an opponent disconcerts (e.g. taunts, baits, gestures or delays) the free-thrower."

This year:

NFHS R9-S1-A3c: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free thrower no opponent shall distract the free thrower."

NCAA Men's R9-S1-A1f: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free-thrower, it is a violation when an opponent disconcerts (e.g. taunt, bait, gesture or delay) the free-thrower."

NCAA Women's R9-S1-A1f: "After the ball is placed at the disposal of a free-thrower, it is a violation when an opponent disconcerts (e.g. taunts, baits, gestures or delays) the free-thrower."

Can anyone spot the change? Let the fun begin!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio