View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2017, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
I don't know why so many officials take this stance. If I'm counting in my head, then I have "an official's count". Why would you mess things up more by pretending no time elapsed when you (or one of the other officials) knows how much time elapsed?

SECTION 10 TIMING MISTAKES
ART. 2 . . . If the referee determines that the clock malfunctioned or was not started/stopped properly, or if the clock did not run, an official’s count or other official information may be used to make a correction.
I agree and think you can have your own count even when not ten second or 5 count etc. But if you are thinking about doing that with 5 left .....communicate with the timer and your partners before ball inbounded. I will say something to the timer and my partners. talking to the timer usually solves any issues but there are timers who might be a little slow on the trigger. one of us has to see that the clock didn't start. right away..(unless you see an immediate scoring play off the inbounds..then id wait....)timing mistakes at end can be nightmare. always communicate..

Last edited by BigCat; Tue Oct 31, 2017 at 12:15pm.