View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 20, 2017, 05:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

My Little Corner Of Connecticut ...

Regular season game (and league or conference postseason games) assignments are based on ratings by a trained observation team supplemented by peer ratings. Each official is rating either varsity or subvarsity and the number of regular season game assignments is based on the discretion of the assignment commissioner, who does a great job.

State tournament games are solely based on coaches votes. The more votes an officials gets, the further that official goes into the tournament. Connecticut has been doing it this way for tournament games for at least forty years, and believe it or not, coaches usually do a pretty good job of selecting the best officials. Every year I look at the tournament list of the thirty-plus officials selected from my local board for the state tournament and only have to scratch my head for one or two of the selected officials, and they're usually gone by the end of the first round.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 20, 2017 at 05:53pm.