View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 19, 2017, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Until you're able to do that, you're going to just have to be content to live within the confines of the mental boundaries you've created for yourself. I've been a member of several associations around the country, and there are none that make everyone happy when it comes to post-season assignments. When coaches have a say in who works their post season games, of course it causes a conflict of interest. But everyone is in the same pool - all you can control is what you can control. Observe the people who you respect and seem to have the respect of the "top" coaches and work far into the post season. See how they manage the game and the coaches and learn from them. Maybe request one of them as a mentor. If you really want to get to that level and these are the cards you've been dealt, you can get there by working on those game management skills just like you would any other part of your game.
Agreed on all counts. As I said, I'll just do what I need to in order to try to keep getting better games and more post season assignments. It's just frustrating to see these things happen and not be able to speak up or do anything about it. Thanks for letting me vent and to those that have/will share their experience with this and how they deal with it.