View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 19, 2017, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I don't feel like I have the rapport or reputation to speak up yet but I really wanted to ask them how in the world we are supposed to be able to have a spine with coaches when THEY are the ones who factor heavily into postseason decisions.
Until you're able to do that, you're going to just have to be content to live within the confines of the mental boundaries you've created for yourself. I've been a member of several associations around the country, and there are none that make everyone happy when it comes to post-season assignments. When coaches have a say in who works their post season games, of course it causes a conflict of interest. But everyone is in the same pool - all you can control is what you can control. Observe the people who you respect and seem to have the respect of the "top" coaches and work far into the post season. See how they manage the game and the coaches and learn from them. Maybe request one of them as a mentor. If you really want to get to that level and these are the cards you've been dealt, you can get there by working on those game management skills just like you would any other part of your game.