View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 11, 2017, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I'm guessing your meeting had an assignor or two but no rules committee members in attendance. Kind of like 99.9% of association meetings around the country.

I rest my case.

Proclamations from the ivory tower in Indianapolis don't help us get better schedules.
Of course not. All our assigners were there as well as the gentleman giving us the Intentional Foul directive. His official title in the association is "Observation Chair", but he's the main guy who goes out and evaluates officials at games and reports back to the assignments team. Then he went through a pretty decent description of how we should be calling block/charges and how most block calls should actually be charges - I agree with him on that.

And then the head assigner went through about a dozen block/charge videos that essentially half the association couldn't agree on, and no clear direction was given whether any of them were one or the other. Even after the head assigner said he had shown many of them to D1 officials and even they couldn't agree.

This job is not easy.