View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 08, 2017, 09:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Justacoach did in post(I think) #56 (blockhead)

You might think it is contradictory but I do not. You continuously focus on quoting "..sole source of income." and leaving out "..making tons of money.."

I did not give a list of reasons why a newcomer can't make any money. I gave a list of items a newcomer would face to make very little money. I have indicated repeatedly that if one can make lots of money, and feel that money outweighs all of the negatives, then yes, go ahead and officiate. I personally do not feel that a newcomer can make enough money officiating basketball to outweigh the negatives. Others do. Simple as that. Done posting to you Raymond and this post.
Again, that is your personal perspective. You have the right to have that perspective and certainly, can suggest it is not worth it to you, but that is not really your decision to make for others. If a person would rather work a couple of hours and make more money than they would in the same time while working a fast food job or other minimum wage positions, then it might be worth it to them. Especially when they have other things they might want to do. I know for me I do not want to work all night to walk away with less than $50 and in a couple of hours, I can make that without much effort officiating. That is worth it to me for extra money as opposed to the alternative for most. Money is worth it when it is your time. You cannot speak for what others might value and that is my only point in this discussion. All the other stuff is not my concern.

Peace