View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 07, 2017, 10:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
You people bashing me are not reading/undertanding. Additionally, I qualified my initial responses more than enough to make name-calling unnecessary.

Jrut indicated working every day if desired in his area. I would believe that for a veteran official but not a first timer. My entire focus has been on someone officiating for the first time, not all of the well-connected refs who are automatically qualified to work at any level and thus be offered games daily. I can't speak for Jrut and his area, but in my area, there are not games every day offered to first-time officials for $50/game year round. If that is the case, then yea, go ref and make tons of money.
I think I made it very clear that anyone could work every day if they make themselves available. You do not have to necessarily be a veteran if you choose to make yourself available. Once again, just answer emails or do self-assign on Arbiter and you can work a lot. Veterans often know better to work Men's leagues or even youth travel ball. But those that do, often are the ones that do it for the money and not for the craft. And there are games almost year-round somewhere. And again, I was talking about my area. I have no idea what they might do in specific areas I have not been. And even if you do not work every day, there are weekend tournaments where you can make enough money and often the people that do not know any better are the rookies.

Peace