View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 04, 2017, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

1st play: I understand the flag on the field but thought it should be picked up on replay, the receiver lowered the target area into the defender, who didn't really initiate the contact up high. But still, the defender is just going in blind, dipping the head. This is the behavior they're trying to eliminate - for boths

2nd play: Ok, I'll give you this one , but this clip is from 2013, I believe, the first year of the rule. They were still feeling their way and erring on the side of safety. But still, the defender chose to stay relatively high and put himself in the danger zone of a tight call going against him. And it did.

3rd play: Yea, I have no problem with this call at all. Upward crouch, defender looking to do nothing but punish the receiver. Maybe the contact did start in the upper chest, but it continued to the face. Good enough for me.

4th play: I've never understood why this call wasn't reversed in replay. But I don't really worry about injustices that happen to Meatchicken!

5th play: Similar to play 2, I feel for the kid - but play lower and you're less likely for it to happen. Err on the side of safety, get lower. He did hit the receiver with his shoulder in the face mask. Maybe he didn't mean to - but he did. I support this call.