View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 29, 2017, 08:39pm
Courageous When Prudent

I'm going to focus on your "making time" question, because it is a very important in the process of determining if you really should get into officiating. You have to have a job where you can get off work or not working the hours when games are being played. Around here that meant I needed to be available for 4:00 and 5:30 JV games.

When I started officiating I was still active duty military but had a lot of freedom at work because I worked IT. I did have at least one game where I got there exactly at game time because I could not leave work due to mission requirements.

There's also the money that's involved in starting up. That's what turns off a lot of young guys who don't have a lot of disposable income.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just alerting you to be sure to take those things into consideration.

I was able to do it even though I had a full-time military job, and I had 9 and 2 1/2 year-old boys, so I had to schedule my closed out dates around my custody schedule, which was 50/50.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Sat Sep 30, 2017 at 12:06am.