View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 01, 2017, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would not do this as a wing at all. Once I get a count, then counting who is in the backfield is best. And how does a supervisor tell you how to count anyway? Is he going to get in your head and tell you that is wrong?

Peace
At a state clinic 3 years ago our crew was there and they had us run as a crew for about a quarter. The state supervisor asked one of our wings how many he had on the line on the previous play? Wing said there were 4 in the backfield. This was between snaps in a hurry up offense. Had there been more time he would have said, "R & U had 11 on the field, I've got 4 in the backfield, must be 7 on the line." We were informed that under NFHS rules it does not matter how many are in the backfield, and our wings MUST count the players ON the line. The best way to do this is to indicate how many you have on the line on your side of the snapper. I tried to explain that 11-4 was a simpler way to obtain the same result. I was told flat out that I was wrong, and we needed to change our mechanic