View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 22, 2017, 03:35pm
TODO: creative title here

Check local listings.

I always confirm assignments/partners over email, mainly so I have a "paper trail" if something happens. If you don't have an email, a phone call is probably in order. If you don't have an email address or a phone number for your partner, call your assigner.

Personally, I bring all my different shirts (Navy, Black, powder-with-dark-trim, powder-with-white-trim, thankfully we don't wear red around here) with me, because you just never know. But I ended up wearing Navy or Black for all but 1 of my games this year.

Plate/Bases: For this spring's playoffs, my assigner had a "first one on the list works the plate" rule. For regular season games, he left it up to the individuals. Usually, I'd state my preference and it worked out pretty well in most cases. If i worked with the same person multiple times, we'd alternate plate/bases. If I was working with someone I'd not worked with before, I usually volunteered to take the plate... one time I didn't do so, and let's just say it didn't end well.