View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 01, 2017, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Here's where I can see this getting hairy: can we award bases to players that have been prevented from retouching by rule (having a following runner score)??? I think this is the key point, and I have no idea why we can, but know of no rule saying we can't. This is the one situation where coaches's annoying tendency to tell players to "stay on the base" while the coach argues the call might be valid....could we still award bases to a player who left live-ball territory?
If affected by the OBS of a runner or as a result of a delayed or incorrect call/ruling, yes.
Quote:

Second question (slightly off topic): If an OBS runner touches a base BEFORE the OBS award is given, does that count as touching awarded bases? Or are they required to touch after the award is granted/announced?
No, with the exception of returning to touch a based missed or left too soon, once the runner has touched the base, it is considered touched.