View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 29, 2017, 05:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Watched a few mins of the video. Noticed some things I think ppl can learn from:

0:50, as the administering referee you HAVE to catch the players on the right that have crossed legs. This is also U2's responsibility. Hitting the whistle and coming in as U2 is totally acceptable and important for starting the game off the right way. R should have caught it first though.

...snipped...

4:43, not the way to come give information. I would have liked an armbar foul on #4 blue during the full-court drive but a no call here is standard for this type of game. Given no foul call from Slot, Lead correctly had the ball last touching the offensive player. Then Slot decides to come (halfway) with information changing the call. This looks terrible. First off, he's wrong. Second, he only goes halfway instead of going all the way to his partner. Third, it is early in the game and everyone accepted the call with minimal protestation. Not the time to waste a correction IMO, unless extremely obvious which this was not. If no one is asking for a change, don't go. Corrections are for those plays that EVERYONE knows are wrong. And by the time the correction is made all the players are on the other end of the court. Looks bad.
I don't agree with your first comment as the players look to be more than three feet away from the center circle to me. They are therefore in legal positions.
I agree 100% with your critique about changing the OOB call. It was incorrect and done poorly.

Lastly, did you notice that the floor was basically an NBA court with the HS 3pt line added? They did not alter the NBA FT lane width.