Thread: AAU Fight
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 28, 2017, 11:03am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Both girls and boys EYBL stops in Hampton are officiated by D1 staff campers (as in officials already on that D1 staff). No way the boys EYBL will ever revert to local officials here. There are simply not enough quality officials in this area to cover that level of basketball. Can't speak for the girls side, but I'm sure it's the same thought process.
At least until this year, they used local officials for the EYBL stuff the 5 years or so the tournament moved to McCormick Place (I big convention center in downtown Chicago). I even did a couple of EYBL games a few weeks ago in this year's tournament that were all local officials (Including myself) and had 3 officials and shot clock. I am not a D1 official on either side. This year the big time supervisor just decided to come back to run a camp here, when she left the event some years ago when the tournament was run all in the suburbs. As a result of there being no D1 officials or camp being run, I personally worked multiple D1 players and even had a few UConn players that were apart of that famous run of undefeated NCAA titles. One of those games I did was a title game at the highest level was a 2 person game with me and a local official that worked college ball at the time.

I am sure they are at the mercy of the person assigning or the overall organization of the official unless they want to put more money into who works those games.

Peace