View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 25, 2017, 10:37pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Sure...always do what they tell you. I should have worded this better: What do you do BEFORE they tell you? I always lean towards enforcing the rules as written at these events. It's Championship play, after all.

Just as it says. We enforced the rule and its effect as written when we discovered the violation. I'm not sure if discussing the entire situation in a public forum is the best course of action.

All that said...I did get to FINALLY watch and evaluate myself for once. I had one nice call, at least: https://youtu.be/vDocZqE_iZs?t=18770, although I should have stepped into the signal to finish it.
I enjoyed the sequence starting at 9:13:16, including the coach with the clipboard and the screaming mom.

(I still think starting point of plate and working right as the play unfolds is the best way to see this play, but I get that softball does it diff'ernt.)

Also, there's what looks like a pretty severe injury on a slide at 11:14:30 on the video that ends up delaying the game for about 27 minutes.