View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 23, 2017, 07:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Really? I cannot imagine many camp directors giving this instruction. Never seen it personally in the ~20 camps I've been to in the last 5 years
Yes really. It may not be the norm, but it happens. Just last summer I went to a required camp for the SCHSL. One of the first things the head clinician said was "they don't want us to eject coaches." He told us just to keep calling technical fouls until the coach shuts up. Well, in my second game we have a PITA coach who gets a T. I go over and remind him that he has to sit by rule (we were never told there was no seatbelt rule for the camp). He keeps refusing, so I whack him, and then out of nowhere one of the camp directors chews my ass and tells me to rescind it. The head clinician doesn't back me up; in front of the entire gym he spinelessly tells me to "do what he said." We get through the game and I tell the clinician to give me my money back if he doesn't want me to be there. He somewhat apologized and took responsibility, but I will never go back to his camp and tell officials that story whenever they ask me about my review of the camp.

I'm paying money to be there. I'm not going to subject myself to that BS. Again, certainly not the norm for camps, but it absolutely happens.