View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 18, 2017, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Blue View Post
Last year during the high school season, I had one high school where the head coach did present me at the pregame meeting with a doctor's letter stating that a player was wearing this piercing for prevention of her migraines. Several days prior to the game we received an e-mail from the president of our high school umpires association (CHSSUA) stating that after discussions with state high school athletic association it was deemed appropriate, and we were to allow it. We did. But I also noticed that this player was the only girl on the team wearing any jewelry.
Yes, it is called a Daith Piercing that is supposed to relieve headaches. From what I can see/read, there is no evidence it is effective other than some using this method of treatment acknowledge there is some relief.

Are you sure the note was from a medical doctor and not the "doctor" at the local tattoo parlor?