View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 15, 2017, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
I'm not trying to argue that the comment you posted is obstruction. And I've been known to come up with some pretty ridiculous what ifs from time to time here, but I don't think these are. The point was that I'm not sure from what I've read if you're arguing that a fielder past the base can't possibly obstruct a runner who hasn't yet reached the base or if you're just saying that as you see this situation the runner was going to first and she got to first and so the fact that she had to veer off after being safe didn't hinder or impede her. I think it's the second and in that case I agree. If it's the first, I'd like to talk it out a little more.
My posts were quite simple. All you have to do is read my statement and not add anything else to it.

Maybe if I put it this way. Without adding anything or a "what if", just what does a BR cutting sharply after touching the base have to do with being hindered or impeded in attaining that base?