View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 11, 2017, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jimmy View Post
So what do you think, if indeed a player had a doctors note for an ear stud, is it a go? One might say that this is far fetched, but the world's a funny place...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
As above, "But they can't play while receiving this "treatment." (At least in NFHS; for USA, I'd probably just shrug"

Cecil is right. The rule trumps the doctor's note in this case IMO (and I probably should have said that in my first response). If they get some witchcraft crazy doctor to actually write the note, all you have to say is "Well I hope it helps you, but you cannot wear that during a softball game according to the rules." The next thing out of their mouth will be "But I can't just take it out." And I would advise you say "That's too bad" and walk away.

I'll tell you guys the problem I'm facing right now with my young players--they're watching ESPN and seeing those college girls wearing those pretty simple post-style earrings, and they're coming to me and saying "If those girls can wear their earrings, why can't we?" And I tell them if you make it to college ball and ESPN, they might let you wear them also.

Last edited by Mountaincoach; Tue Jul 11, 2017 at 05:12pm.