View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 10, 2017, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Just my opinion, but NFHS never really gave the 2017 equipment check rule change an opportunity to prove itself out. Before, we had to go into the dugouts to do them, which quite often required umpires to get in the players' way (and vice versa), and also discouraged players from actually removing bats from their equipment bags, etc.

With the rule change in 2017 requiring teams to have the equipment outside the dugouts for the inspection, I thought it made things more efficient for both umpires and teams. It rarely took us longer than 2 minutes per team if they had their gear out as required. As the season wore on, teams were quicker at being prepared. Seems odd that after a rule change that improved the process, in my opinion, they decided to scrap inspections altogether.
I'm agreeing here. For Dakota, I've disallowed many bats for being on the non-approved list, or having the 2013 ASA stamp, and one small-barrel baseball bat.

Signalling intentional walks is stupid, as is allowing the pitcher to step back or allowing only one foot in contact with the pitcher's plate.