View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 06, 2017, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Steve and Mike make excellent points. Game management is highly personal and intensely situational.

My point of view is often different than others. I started umpiring very young, and I have had to scrape for every ounce of field presence and respect I could get. I started doing men's ball at age 16 and was WAY too passive and got run over more times than I ever should have, so my leash in adult games is mighty short. I should be more general sometimes. Now, I'm lucky enough to personally know Andy and I have immense respect for his game on the field...but had anyone else made the same post, I'd likely have replied the same way. I should probably edit my forum signature to say something like "The above comments reflect what I would do in a given situation and are in no way guaranteed to be the best choices for all umpires in all cases."

Last edited by teebob21; Thu Jul 06, 2017 at 08:27pm.