View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 05, 2017, 06:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No Restrictions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Has the NFHS ever come out with a rule, or interpretation, that states that concussion type headbands do not fall under equipment color restriction rules (similar to equipment color restriction rule exception for knee braces)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I just do not see how this product can be ruled illegal and if it is legal I do not believe it should be subject to the color restrictions.
According to a trusted and esteemed member (whom I personally know) on the IAABO (International) Officials' Education and Development Committee, a 2015-16 NFHS PowerPoint slide exists that contains the statement: Concussion Head bands – No Restrictions

"No color restrictions for concussion headbands" used to be a "Connecticut Only" rule for many years until this slide came out in 2015-16, so this statement was deleted from our "Connecticut Only" rules because this slide seemed to cover the situation.

I definitely remember seeing this slide, but I can find no reference to this specific slide online. I will try to further followup on this matter.

This may of been one of those hybrid NFHS/IAABO PowerPoints, and thus, may only apply to states, or schools, served by IAABO officials.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jul 05, 2017 at 10:51pm.