View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 05, 2017, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He proceeds to tell me as he goes to the dugout that I am ****ing horrible, but it is not loud enough for the world to hear. I choose to ignore it.
That's personal and profane. Stop sign + stern "knock it off", or just eject. In most men's games, if you ignore them, they decide you're either deaf or weak, and it opens the floodgates.

Quote:
Same player that made the "****ing horrible" comment is at the door of the dugout and says "You guys are dogshit and you have been all day".
That's personal and profane, and since he's a repeat offender, now his chirping is prolonged. Eject and don't look back.

Quote:
Comments on how that was handled?
Men's FP players are the whiniest, grubbiest softball players I've ever had the pleasure of officiating. As Rich pointed out, if they were playing baseball, they'd get dumped early and learn their lesson. IMO we can't use our more typical JO/HS/NCAA game management techniques of escalation and warnings delivered through the coaches: in Men's we need to be more direct. Talk to the players, early and often....and eject the major *******s as soon as they make themselves known. (Edit: A$$ hole is censored on this site, but not dogshit? Hahaha!)

On another note, where did you have the privilege of working some men's ball? I'm jealous.

Last edited by teebob21; Wed Jul 05, 2017 at 03:34pm. Reason: profanity filter