View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 05, 2017, 02:53pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
If game, I'm on the plate.

Midway through the game, losing team, which was the undefeated team going into the championship game is at bat. In the previous half inning, the pitcher for the same team began expressing his displeasure with my strike zone because he wasn't getting borderline pitches called strikes. I was very happy with my zone...thought I established a good zone for Men's ball and stuck with it.

I ring up batter on a strike three that was mid thigh and over the inner half of the plate. He proceeds to tell me as he goes to the dugout that I am ****ing horrible, but it is not loud enough for the world to hear. I choose to ignore it.

Later in the game, same team, different batter at bat with a two strike count check swings at a pitch. I call a ball and the catcher asks me to go for help. Partner, who is on the line indicates a swing for strike three. This was a RH batter, so partner had a good look. Same player that made the "****ing horrible" comment is at the door of the dugout and says "You guys are dogshit and you have been all day". Again, not loud enough for the world to hear, but I heard it and was able to identify the player. I called time, went to the head coach and told him I didn't want to hear anything else from that player. Coach went to dugout and spoke with player..no other issues.

Comments on how that was handled?
Softball must be different, cause that player would've been ejected in a baseball game as soon as he got personal with the horrible comment.