View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 07, 2017, 10:14pm
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbilica View Post
The title of the video is "Referee decides game...."

This is a public forum and a lot of nonofficials belong to it and post here. I appreciate the value of film to learn from. I just don't see much value in this film because the angle doesn't show us the contact. We can speculate that the shooter was out of control and that we don't want to bail her out by calling a foul for minor contact. But, we can't see the contact. Maybe it was enough to warrant a call.

From an officiating standpoint, the other official's three point score signal got my attention. He puts up both hands and proceeds to jump up and down slightly. There is no reason for the extra bounce. Just firmly raise both hands and move to the next position.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Forget what the officials did or didn't see. That's not the point. The point is this... What is the correct call?

Again, nobody is bashing the refs. Was the name of the video (sorry, misunderstood the previous comment and thought he was referring to what Mark named the thread) bad? Yes, but who cares? Do you see how many poorly named videos are on Youtube and the rest of the internet? That shouldn't keep us from using that video as a way to learn.

You're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist trying to find fault where there's none.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited by BryanV21; Wed Jun 07, 2017 at 10:40pm.