View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 07, 2017, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

This is a ridiculous thread. We should call this thread "lets all crucify these refs". With the camera angle that is not able to see the contact between the shooter and the two defenders who contact the shooter, it is simply not possible to determine what the official saw. The official was in perfect position to see the space between the opposing players and made a call. The people who put this video together did not do so to develop officiating. In fact, I would suggest that people who think these refs "decided the game" should take a ref course and join a local Oklahoma IAABO association. Naturally, officials are human and even the best officials miss calls. How about the decision by the player to loft a pass to nowhere that gave the player a chance to throw up a desperation shot? The team is also to blame for putting themselves in a position where an official's judgement could decide the game. Officiating judgements are a part of the game, just like passing, shooting, and coaching. We need to get over ourselves and stop teaching our kids that referees are stealing the joy of the game. I belong to an IAABO association and work with dozens of other officials each season. I have never met one who cares about which team wins. The very idea thay officials would decide a game in favor of one team over another is an insult to officials everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mbilica; Wed Jun 07, 2017 at 10:03pm.