View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 07, 2017, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post
Manny, that is something the SUP started pushing a few years back, to start the signal earlier than the "pregnant pause". With crowd noise, and when the PU isn't mic'ed, too often the TV talking heads didn't hear the verbal; without the verbal, they often commented that the signal indicated a "late" strike call, as they had assumed a ball by that time. So they were pushing an earlier signal.
Adjusting mechanics for the TH? GMAFB!

Quote:

I really didn't notice his hammer as being different; personally, I think that (USA/ASA vs NCAA) whole area is given way too much attention. If it looks solid, and not an "up yours" move, not one of my hot buttons.
Used to care as a matter of training. At this level, just prefer it be off to the side as opposed to forward with the fist getting to ear level. IOW, just something away from the body that can be noticed from all angles
Quote:

I would consider that pretty wide, comparable to where my feet end up when I look down; and in my area, I am considered a poster child for wide (I'm 5'7" with 29" as well).
Ummmm.......okay.