View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 06, 2017, 04:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Maybe The Good Old Days Really Weren't The Good Old Days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I wonder if today's coaches and their behavior are a little different than 10 years ago or 20 years ago.
Thirty-six years for me. Back in ancient times, coaches seemed to coach longer, and have more experience than today's coaches. These old timers really knew how to "work" officials. It was like death by a thousand small cuts. They wouldn't go crazy, or fly off the handle, but would just constantly make little digs about your performance. But by the end of the game, you were sick and tired of their comments, but they never seemed to cross the line into technical foul, or ejection, territory (unless they purposely wanted to, i.e., to get their players, or fans, fired up).

The young whipper snapper coaches of today have no understanding of the art of how to "work" officials, which is probably a good thing. They just go nuts when they feel the official has erred, say the first thing that pops into their heads, which is usually the wrong thing to say to an official, which makes the technical foul easy to charge.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jun 06, 2017 at 05:02pm.