View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 06, 2017, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
He did have an unorthodox Strike mechanic, however. Not your "school solution" of calling the Strike initially, and then coming up with the hammer. He had a simultaneous verbal and signal, and his arm came up diagonally and fully straightened. Interesting.
Manny, that is something the SUP started pushing a few years back, to start the signal earlier than the "pregnant pause". With crowd noise, and when the PU isn't mic'ed, too often the TV talking heads didn't hear the verbal; without the verbal, they often commented that the signal indicated a "late" strike call, as they had assumed a ball by that time. So they were pushing an earlier signal.

I really didn't notice his hammer as being different; personally, I think that (USA/ASA vs NCAA) whole area is given way too much attention. If it looks solid, and not an "up yours" move, not one of my hot buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
I finally remembered to figure out my stance width this weekend.
17" for the plate, plus 6" to the line, plus 36" of the box is 59".

If my inside foot is behind the far side of the plate and my outside foot is just inside the outer edge of the box;
that would mean about 50" between my feet.
With my 5' 9" height and 29" inseam, would you call that narrow or wide?
I would consider that pretty wide, comparable to where my feet end up when I look down; and in my area, I am considered a poster child for wide (I'm 5'7" with 29" as well).