View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 04, 2017, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

The obstruction happens off screen at 0:13-0:14. At 0:16, you can clearly see the U3 signalling delayed dead ball.

At the time of the obstruction, the ball was near in the backstop in F2's possession. The runner then became caught in a rundown, during which she was tagged out at home. I was not there, but from this video my judgment is that the runner would not have reached home absent the obstruction. I would not have awarded home; I would have returned the runner to 3B.

Side question: Runners must touch all awarded bases. I lost the runner in the visual confusion after the OBS call was made and home was awarded.

In a play like this, must the runner re-touch home after the OBS award, or does the touch during the play count? I suspect the touch during the play does not count, because per rule, when a play is made on an obstructed runner that would result in an out, the ball is immediately dead.

Last edited by teebob21; Sun Jun 04, 2017 at 06:33pm.