View Single Post
Old Wed May 31, 2017, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Both of you are certainly entitled to your expert, experienced, opinions, and you are correct, such acts can result in an immediate technical foul.

Early in the first quarter, the head coach shows frustration with what he considers a missed travel call. He stands up, gestures with a travel signal, and tells the nearest official that he missed the call. Fans also gesture with travel signals. Previous to this, there was not a hint of misconduct by the head coach. I'm probably judging this not to be major misconduct, and may do something short of charging a direct technical foul to the head coach. In the old days, this may have resulted in some type of admonishment from me ("Calm down coach"), maybe even the threatening "Stop Sign". It appears that the new rule replaces the "Stop Sign" with a written warning.

But depending on context, and circumstance, this could lead to an immediate technical foul with no warning, under both the old rule set, and the new rule set.
I think id stay away from your question 9. You describe conduct in the first sentence that sounds like textbook automatic T. (Mirrors rule language). Then the question declare that the official doesnt deem the conduct major....and gives written warning. Then ask was he correct? Just dont think it is good question for a yes or no answer.

The reader of the question may focus on the language of your first sentence which mirrors the rule book language. He or she may think your question is "was the official correct to call the conduct "not Major?" By the wording you used I'd say no. But I know you aren't meaning for me to answer that question. You want me to accept as true that the conduct wasn't major. Is a written warning then appropriate....etc.

Last edited by BigCat; Wed May 31, 2017 at 09:55am.